The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A reason to be…

Everyone is sent into this world for a reason. I am grateful to God for being kind enough to send someone for me whenever I was in need. I spent a greater part of my life in hostels. Trivial though it may sound, God always send me wonderful room mates who made hostel life more enjoyable and bearable. Whenever I needed someone, whether it was a simple thing of getting an urgent train reservation or a difficult one of obtaining a Tatkal passport, I had people to bail me out. Today whenever I am in despair over getting the right caretaker for my babies, I relax and say to myself- God will send someone to me when the time is right- and it has worked out to be true all the while. I have learnt to stop worrying of things beyond my control and let things take its own course as I know the Grandmaster is out there working out the best for all of us.
On a self congratulatory note, I try not to omit an opportunity of being of use to someone in need. Whether it meant having a friend over to stay at my place when she is job hunting (even though I was 8 months pregnant and in no way I could even cook a decent meal for her) or offering a ride into town for 2 college girls stuck without a transport (a word of caution on doing this when alone or even otherwise- you never know the intentions of the hitch hiker) or leaving all my work and just accompanying a relative when he was trying for admissions across colleges for his son.
Can we think of instances when people have been sent to help us out? Can we reach out and say thank you? Not to forget, can we think of the times we have been sent to help someone in need? Have we been useful at that time or have we ignored the chance given to us? Lets pat ourselves for every good deed done.

8 comments:

Kalpana said...

Many, I think, I learnt things myself. Thanks to God. All we need is to have patience at tough times that is when things are out of control. That is what we'll lack at that moment, though we know we can't do anything. It might be a test we need to pass. Help is something we or others need to provide when in need. I had it luckily from my friends. And me waiting for a chance, but still trying to help others, as much as possible.

Artnavy said...

It is difficult to appreciate the fact that there may be a larger design when things go wrong. It is in retrospect that they seem fit...I think it requires great equanimity to face the ups and downs in life and not wallow in self pity. Also need a huge heart to give without expectation

Suman Pant said...

Hello:)
Even i try saying this to myself that some supernatural power is there backing me up... and yes i need to help people....

but there are times when you feel as though nothing is right... this is just not for a day/week/month... sometimes it goes on for years, nothing falls in place and that is the time when you feel so down, shattered and broken that you dont want to lift yourself up....

Funny na? i mean you stop everything, you dont want to move, you dont have purpose, you have no reason, no zeal to live....

I really thank people who have been by my side in the worst/best of times.... but i wonder why life doesnot come back...

Anyways, nice blog you have here!

my life.... said...

yeah my best fren and a coupe of good frenz have always been helping me when i needed help urgently... especially my best fren and me were always there for each other...whenever i needed help, she was there for me instantly without any questions.. sometimes i wonder if she was angel dropped from the sky... idon t know coz the amount of help she gave me knows no boundaries... there are such ppl that exist on this earth and definately they are god sent angels...

The Visitor said...

ITW - it's a question of perception. There are those who look at the positive side of things, others who look at the negative things (the perennial cribbers) and most others fall somewhere in between.

Looking back on your life, I am sure that you can certainly predict how your future is going to be. If you've been fairly happy upto now then rest assured the rest of your life is also going to be fairly happy, and this has no connection to the possessions we have or the achievements we've made.

Was I talking to the point? :)

the mad momma said...

i think that was a good point you made... that even if others forget, pat urself on the back for a good deed and dont worry.. keep doing them.. there's a stock building up with the Big Man and He will see to it that you are repaid well...

Kuan Gung said...

Lets dedicate our lives to good deeds...

Hip Grandma said...

Have I been helpful to people?My, my...I've been scolded by my husband umpteen times for helping people by going out of the way to do it.He gets more upset when these very people who turn to me as if I was an agony aunt ignore me when their work is over.That's life What to do.I can't change nor can they.