The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lulla Lulla Lullaby

Munchkin's mom has recorded the lullabies she has been singing and I am prompted to do my list-
The Standard Old Favourites which my Mom used to sing
1. Nani teri Morni
2. Re mama Re mama
3. O Chandaa Mama
4. Chanda Mama Door Ke
5. Aa re ninda
6. Lalla Lalla lori

Favourites from Our Time which we loved
1. Lakdi Ki Kathi- esp the Tabbak Tabbak is the most appreciated part
2. Gapu ji gapu ji gam gam (changed to Baku ji baku ji & Chutu ji chutu ji - their nick names)

The New Age "Lullabies" which another mother of my time sings
1. Jhalak Dhikla Jaa
2. Aashiq Banaya (changed to Bubble banaya because Ojas used to blow spit bubbles a lot when he was a new-born)
3. Dhoom Macha le- hot favourite even now
4. Cheeni Kam hai cheeni kam hai...

Rhymes- though many of them do not qualify as lullabies
1. Old Mac donald- with plenty of other animals added
2. Ringa-a-ring-a-roses
3. Baba Black sheep
4. 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish
5. How much is that doggie in the window
6. Here we go round the mulberry bush
7. Twinkle twinkle
8. Ding dong bell
9. Johnny Johnny
10. Chubby Cheeks

4 comments:

How do we know said...

hmmm.... i shld make my own list soon too... to remember later..

Monika said...

Lol abt the new lullabys!! :)

Cuckoo said...

Hola!

Appreciate your quick revert. Am coming to Chennai in the first week of September, but my husband is visiting in the independence day weekend. So thought I'd ask him to check out. Am going to be in K K Nagar then. Oh, and currently am at my parents place in Kalpakkam.If you could email me at meera.prashant@gmail.com, I shall get in touch with you over phone. Umm, belatedly, the name is Meera!

Thanks again :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for taking up the tag...love em all..especially the "new age" ones..."cheeni kum"--Hahahaha