The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Fruit Salad with Icecream


A very easy to assemble dessert idea which is a combo of recipes used by my Mom, and Aunt & Art .
take a transparent Glass dish
The first layer is plain/ chocolate cake (I used brownies here).
Pour Honey over the cake
Add a layer of vanilla icecream
Add a layer of cut fruits like apple, banana, mango
Add a layer of icecream
Add a layer of honey, fruit marmalade, dry fruits, bits of chocolate cream biscuits
Add a layer of Icecream and whipped fresh cream
Garnish with grapes, pomegranate, peeled and de seeded orange bits, grated chocolate
Squeeze an orange over it - the citrus brings out the taste much better
Decorate with crisscross pattern of honey and chocolate sauce
Allow the icecream to melt and soak the cake/ biscuits
Refrigerate but do not Freeze
You can add as many layers you want!

9 comments:

Monika said...

yeah my mom used to make it too, another easy one is fruit cream

Monika said...

yeah my mom used to make it too, another easy one is fruit cream

Swati said...

yummy ..shd try this asap

Timepass said...

very yummy looking, am sure it tastes heavenly...

Ramit Grover said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing it. I'll make it this weekend!

Phoenixritu said...

Ufff! There goes my diet. I have to try it

The Inquisitive Akka said...

Delish!

Mama - Mia said...

should try defi considering my dessert repertoire is like zero! this sounds easy!

cheers!

Gayatri said...

- When are u going to invite me to one of ur parties gal?????