The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back Again

After that there was a 3 week hiatis during which I gathered my belongings and said my goodbyes, taking all of 3 weeks to do justice to each goodbye- spoke individually on the phone or in person especially with whom I had worked closely over the last 4 plus years. I must add, people were pleasantly surprised and touched that I took the trouble to call them up rather than sending a mail on the last day or leaving without a trace.

I did the final handovers and collected my papers and the umbilical cord was well and truly cut when I err, gave up the SIM card and for the first time in so many years - for a few hours I was unreachable. Unless if they called me on my land line!
Yes, I ultimately got my closure and once that was done, I was eager to leave, inspite of the feet shuffling I was doing even after resigning.
For the first time in 4 plus years, I faced an unpaid weekend and thereby appreciated the value of work even better. Touch Wood.
11th April, I joined back. A week or several weeks earlier than I had wanted to or rather decided to, with just a weekend break behind me.

Back to pavilion. Back home. Back to the first love. Back to my first job. Back to my core competence.

Were the various versions of responses I received when I told them I was joining back.
Well, that was not what I thought, but it makes for a good blog story or a good life story. Since I am destined to do the same thing during my entire working life I might as well make a good story out of it!

I loved being part of the food industry and I still miss the tasting. I lapse into saying tasting rather than smelling from time to time. I refused to see what others saw and refused to acknowledge what others said, hotly denying the existence of "real love- smelling rather than tasting".

While I am equally good at both, I slipped into this old familiar role with much ease and to me it doesn't feel that I was gone at all. Inspite of the gap of 4 plus years during which I was tasting more than smelling.

I don't know what the future holds for me. I do not know whether I took the right step. Only time will tell. But for now I am just happy that I have enjoyed the best of both worlds in this industry and have come back richer in knowledge and more adventurous in attitude.

2 comments:

Gayatri said...

- Good Luck ITW :)
- So shifting to bglr?:(

Itchingtowrite said...

no no gayatri!