The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Weight Loss plans

One fine day I decided that his has gone too far. The weight just keeps on climbing at the sight of food even. I reached a point that I was so desperate that I enquired for the tummy tuck sessions and massages that promise you a flat tummy. I even considered liposuction much to the husband's alarm. 

So I have given myself a challenge last June. 4th of June to be precise. 10 kg deficit by September else I go for drastic measures.

However, this cannot be achieved by gym and exercise alone. So food control has become mandatory.

My first step was to see how I could manage a 1000- 1200 calorie food plan. I read up books and searched the Internet and found various theories that seemed to be based on conflicting principles. I spoke to several friends who have gone through weight loss.

Finally I decided to take it one step at a time. And this required tremendous patience.

I began to follow the below mentioned...

I had stopped all fried food like snacks and most of the processed stuff like biscuits. 
I resorted to snacking on roasted stuff like roasted gram, peanuts etc available at the bhunja walla. I keep a box of this at my workplace and add lots of chat masala and some salt to increase the trip to mouth factor.
I carried with me everyday to office fresh fruit yoghurt shake first with sugar then with honey. 
Soon as the body became more and more used to lesser food, I removed fruit juice from the daily menu and added buttermilk with lots of chat masala and asafoetida. 
I began to take a spoon full of flax seed.
I started snacking on almonds every morning for energy
I carry salads with lime dressing every day and some days I carry cut fruits.
I reduced the number of rotis to 1, began alternating oats for breakfast and reduced the amount of dinner intake.
I started eating roast chicken or fish salad for lunch every weekend and found my weekend weight was always lower than weekday weight. 
As a rule we stopped eating outside except for one meal in he weekend. 
Even when I go outside now, I stick to healthier stuff and ensure I do not hog like earlier days.
I necessarily drank around 2 bottles of water at my workplace
Most importantly, I began going to gym every single evening and once my routine was set, it became easier to follow and I found I was more relaxed during the evening workout as I had no immediate compulsion of reaching home on the dot.
Even if I didn't go to gym I did some home exercises. 
I was able to skip 80 jumps with breaks at 25 instead of just 25 jumps with break at 5.
I could do surya namaskar with more ease than before
I never stopped eating chocolate but stopped eating cakes even at birthday parties in office.

At the end of a month I discovered that,

I no longer felt tired after 3 minutes of treadmill walking.
I felt more energetic
My rings were fitting better even the one that stopped fitting me 10 kg away
My clothes seemed to be slightly loose.
I could run for a while on treadmill without feeling compelled to stop
I ate less and felt full and satisfied faster
I lost 3 kg at the end of 1 month plus.

What I did next was to take the personal training sessions that I had skipped over last year. This challenged my body in more ways than I thought, even though the individual exercises were not new, the sequence and speed made a difference.

What helped me was that I had conscience keepers n the mail and in office and at home to stop me from straying.

I plan to take at least 3 cups of green tea in office everyday to cut calories. Even though I don't like the taste.

I am exploring if I could experiment with yoga
I intend to do pranayama every day.
I need to challenge my body much further
I should be able to climb stairs without panting. As of now even five times is a challenge
I want to be able to do push ups without feeling that my arms are breaking
I want to be able to sleep well at night as sleep aids weight loss.

While I wouldn't say I am supremely happy with the results so far, I will not be until I achieve the first milestone of 10 kg but I am ok so far.

 What is your weight loss tips?

6 comments:

epistane said...

Prohormone is muscle building product and used in reducing weight. Prohormone is the specific organic tissue and work only in the part, where you want.

meenashy said...

hello mama....whatz this crap about losing weight? You are in a group which is about Parenting and Schooling and here you are discussing about weight loss!!

itw said...

since when did i appoint u advisor meenashy mada

santa said...

Weight loss typically involves the loss of fat, water and muscle. Overweight people, or people suffering from obesity, typically aim to reduce the percentage of body fat. Additionally, as muscle tissue is denser than fat, fat loss results in increased loss of body volume compared with muscle loss. Thanks.
Regards,
hcg1234

jaffa said...

Choosing a diet just because it helped your friend or co-worker shed excess pounds does not guarantee you will have the same result. Select a diet and exercise program that helps you to burn more calories than you consume without drastically altering your lifestyle. Thanks.
Regards,
good weight gainers

Neha said...

One should take1 lemon as regular basis, it can reduce fat of our body. Fat Exercise also affect. Never take oily food.